Summer lunch program offered countywide
Meade Middle School will host program through August
Free lunches will be served Mondays to Thursdays from 11 a.m. to noon.
No income or registration requirements are necessary.
Meade Middle School needs volunteer lunchroom monitors from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. each day. Volunteers must be older than 18.
For more information, call Mrs. Daryl Sanders, principal's administration, at 410-674-2555.
The summer lunch program is part of an initiative to serve more than 100,000 healthy meals to Anne Arundel County children this summer at seven school sites.
Anyone between the ages of 2 and 18 can visit one of the following sites and receive free breakfast and/or lunch as part of the "Food That's In When School Is Out" meals.
There are no income or registration requirements.
* Brooklyn Park Middle School, through Aug. 16, from 9:30 to 10 a.m. for breakfast; 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for lunch
* Corkran Middle School, through Aug. 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., lunch only
* Germantown Elementary School, through Aug. 9, from 12:30 to 1 p.m., lunch only
* Maryland City Elementary School, through Aug. 2, from noon to 1 p.m., lunch only
* Old Mill Middle School South, Monday to Aug. 2, from 8 to 9 a.m., breakfast; noon to 1 p.m., lunch
* Tyler Heights Elementary School, through July 26, from noon to 1 p.m., lunch only
Using federal funds provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program, Anne Arundel County Public Schools also serves meals at various summer school and summer camp sites and works with various organizations and agencies to help feed their young participants.
For the first time, a mobile meals service will bring meals to certain communities in West County, including Sarah's House. Applicable neighborhoods will receive notice of when the mobile meals will be available.
Please login to comment:
Col. Brian P. Foley
Public Affairs Officer
Chief, Command Information
Assistant Editor & Senior Writer
General Advertising Inquiries